August 23, 2022 The Innovation Economy Council hosted a virtual broadcast exploring two topics: 1) How Canadian innovators can reduce maritime waste and 2) Play a role in the rapidly expanding global electric vehicle sector.
PANEL 1: Ocean of Opportunity: How Canadian Innovators Can Reduce Maritime Waste
12:05 – 12:35 p.m.
A discussion with several young companies working to innovate in the ocean waste space—producing biofuels, reducing shipping pollution, sequestering carbon, collecting data about ocean conditions and more — and leaders from the network of research institutes, technology clusters and accelerators that aim to increase the commercialization of groundbreaking research and technologies in our ocean sectors.
Moderator: Manjula Selvarajah, journalist, producer and syndicated tech columnist for CBC Radio One
- Kendra MacDonald, CEO, Oceans Supercluster
- Melanie Nadeau, CEO, Centre for Ocean Ventures and Entrepreneurship (COVE)
- Kate Moran, President & CEO, Ocean Networks Canada
- Josh Hasdell, Manager, ESG Strategy & Impact Services, KPMG
- Julie Angus, CEO & Co-founder, Open Ocean Robotics
Leave a Reply
Your email is safe with us.