After multiple rounds of elimination and a virtual demo day, Open Ocean Robotics was named Winner of Campbell River’s’ NexStream 2.0 Wild Card Challenge.
It’s been over a year since COVID-19 was first declared a pandemic and the world as we know it ended. Border closures, work from home, supply chain issues, fear were some of the challenges we’ve all faced the last 12 months. Now as vaccine immunizations gain momentum, there is light at the end of the tunnel, but it’s still unclear what post-pandemic life will look like. We are a different world than we were…
Open Ocean Robotics is proud to announce that the company’s CEO, Julie Angus, won the Industry Icon Award for Cleantech CEO at the BC Cleantech Awards hosted by Foresight in a virtual ceremony held February 18.
Open Ocean Robotics Awarded Solar Impulse Efficient Solution Label – An award for profitable solutions to protect the environment
Open Ocean Robotics was awarded the Solar Impulse Efficient Solution Label following a rigorous assessment performed by independent experts based on verified World Alliance for Efficient Solutions standards.
Open Ocean Robotics Wins Spot in Offshore Wind Challenge to Create Marine Mammal Monitoring Solution
Out of over 60 applicants worldwide, Open Ocean Robotics was selected as one of three startups to participate in Greentown Labs’ and Vineyard Wind’s Offshore Wind Challenge and accelerator program.
Open Ocean Robotics CEO Joins Innovation Advisory Board for NATO Maritime Unmanned Systems Initiative
CEO and Co-founder of Open Ocean Robotics, Julie Angus, was recently appointed to the Innovation Advisory Board (IAB) for NATO’s Maritime Unmanned Systems Initiative (MUS). The NATO MUS initiative is a multinational cooperation effort that aims to accelerate the development and integration of maritime unmanned systems across Allied and Partner navies…
After being selected for the Creative Destruction Lab (CDL) Atlantic program from over 100 applicant companies in September 2019, Open Ocean Robotics is among 13 ventures in the latest cohort to graduate.
Open Ocean Robotics made a list of British Columbia (BC) CleanTech companies with the greatest potential for growth.
BCBusiness Magazine’s Women of the Year Awards highlights exceptional female business leaders in British Columbia, a province that has remarkable women pushing frontiers
Open Ocean Robotics closed its Pre-Seed round of financing, raising $540,000 CAD from angel investors and seed funds.
- Open Ocean Robotics Completes $4M Seed Funding Round
- Open Ocean Robotics wins Campbell River’s’ NexStream 2.0 Wild Card Challenge!
- From Hunting Poachers to Searching for Whales: A Year in Review at OOR
- Open Ocean Robotics CEO Julie Angus wins Industry Icon Award at the 2021 BC Cleantech Awards
- Open Ocean Robotics Awarded Solar Impulse Efficient Solution Label – An award for profitable solutions to protect the environment
- Open Ocean Robotics Wins Spot in Offshore Wind Challenge to Create Marine Mammal Monitoring Solution
- Open Ocean Robotics CEO Joins Innovation Advisory Board for NATO Maritime Unmanned Systems Initiative
- Open Ocean Robotics Among Latest Cohort to Graduate Halifax’s Creative Destruction Lab
- Open Ocean Robotics Named to “Ready to Rocket” Cleantech List of Emerging BC Technology Companies
- Open Ocean Robotics CEO Winner of the Innovator Award in the BC Business Women of the Year Awards