Open Ocean Robotics collects ocean data using our proprietary wind and solar powered un-crewed autonomous boats equipped with sensors, cameras and real-time communications. We offer a safer, more effective and affordable way of gaining ocean insights, transforming how we study, protect and utilize our oceans, and helping build an ocean IoT.
Our technology enables a persistent data and communication platform on the ocean, without greenhouse gas emissions, noise pollution or risk of oil spills.
Participating in Open Ocean Robotics Co-op program offers exceptional work experience, allowing you to gain valuable real-world skills while still in school, and makes you more desirable to employers, including us, when you graduate.
- You’ll work on compelling projects that you take a lead role in.
- You’ll have the opportunity for self-learning as well as guidance, and will be an integral part of the team.
- Positive and fun environment! We believe that a great working environment is key to doing great work, and we care deeply about developing a culture that is inclusive and supportive. Plus, there’s a foosball table, company gym and pizza Fridays.
- You’ll be making a real difference!
Open Ocean Robotics is seeking a highly motivated full stack software engineer co-op student specializing in front end and back end development.
- Third or fourth year student completing a University degree in Computer Engineering, Computer Science, Mathematics or a related field.
- Strong communication, organization, and time management skills, as well as a willingness to learn and strong work ethic.
- Excellent grasp of fundamental computer science concepts.
- Familiarity with database concepts.
- Genuine curiosity and willingness to understand how our products are designed, built and how they operate.
- Ability to work independently, detail oriented and execution focused.
- Capable of writing appropriate technical documentation to aid in knowledge transfer.
- Experience with UAV or other autonomous vehicles an asset.
- Experience with sensor integration and data management an asset.
This is a 16-week co-op position in Victoria beginning September 3, 2019.
You must be enrolled at a Canadian university and participating in the co-op program.
Please send your resume, cover letter and transcript to firstname.lastname@example.org.