We are looking to hire a QA Analyst Co-op Student to join our 8-person team and be part of developing autonomous marine drones. This is the chance to play a role in designing, developing and testing autonomous vessels for a variety of ocean data collection applications.
Participating in Open Ocean Robotics Co-op program offers exceptional work experience, allowing you to gain valuable real-world skills while still in school, and makes you more desirable to employers, including us, when you graduate.
- You’ll work on compelling projects that you take a lead role in.
- You’ll have the opportunity for self-learning as well as guidance, and will be an integral part of the team.
- Positive and fun environment! We believe that a great working environment is key to doing great work, and we care deeply about developing a culture that is inclusive and supportive. Plus, there’s a foosball table, company gym and pizza Fridays.
- You’ll be making a real difference!
We are seeking an innovative and creative QA analyst co-op student to be part of our team. The ideal candidate is someone who is passionate about creating quality software. Your job will be to create test strategies for new features and systems.
Initially supporting the test of firmware and Linux device drivers, this position will grow to encompass testing of onboard USV systems, and a web based user portal. The testing will be a combination of manual tests and test automation scripts. Our goal is to automate as many tests as possible.
The successful candidate will be responsible for working with our engineers, designers, and product managers to ensure that our product and platform is of the highest quality and reliability.
Any experience with unmanned systems such as UAV, USV or other autonomous vehicles would be considered an asset for your application.
In this role you will:
● Work closely with our engineering team to release high quality, bug-free features
● Maintain test plans for changes in the product.
● Create and execute manual test cases.
● Develop and maintain automated test scripts.
● Record test results and track issues for resolution.
● Provide test status and updates on an ongoing basis.
● Contribute to the creation of designs for production software with a focus on testability, robustness, and performance.
● Contribute to technical support for our customer support team
As our ideal candidate you will have:
● Fourth year standing in an accredited University pursuing computer science, computer engineering, mechatronics, engineering physics, or electrical engineering.
● Good verbal and written communication skills.
● Strong analytical and troubleshooting skills, technical aptitude, attention to detail
● Ability to understand and translate business requirements and technical specifications
● Knowledge of industry standard best practices as related to software testing
● Knowledge of automated and manual test methods.
● Experience working in an Agile environment.
● Experience with manual testing of embedded software.
● Experience with Linux based systems.
● Experience with testing frameworks is an asset; e.g. Google Test, Jest, Selenium, etc.
● Working knowledge of control theory, sensor integration, and electronics is an asset.
● Familiarity with networking concepts: RF, TCP/IP, Ethernet, DHCP, etc. is an asset.
● Familiarity with communication protocols: UART, I2C, SPI, CAN Bus, etc. is an asset.
● Basic knowledge of technology development languages and databases is an asset
● Background and understanding of unmanned systems such as UAV, USV, or other autonomous vehicles is an asset
If you are interested in this co-op opportunity please submit your application with a cover letter, resume, and up-to-date academic transcripts to email@example.com. Thank you to all applicants who apply, however only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
This is a full-time co-op position based in Victoria, BC. The placement will start Sept 7 and be for 4 or 8 months. There is also the possibility of starting sooner.
- Open Ocean Robotics Wins Spot in Offshore Wind Challenge to Create Marine Mammal Monitoring Solution
- Open Ocean Robotics CEO Joins Innovation Advisory Board for NATO Maritime Unmanned Systems Initiative
- Open Ocean Robotics Among Latest Cohort to Graduate Halifax’s Creative Destruction Lab
- Open Ocean Robotics Named to “Ready to Rocket” Cleantech List of Emerging BC Technology Companies
- Open Ocean Robotics CEO Winner of the Innovator Award in the BC Business Women of the Year Awards
- Open Ocean Robotics Secures $540,000 CAD in Pre-Seed Financing Round
- A Year in Review – The Memorable Moments that marked Open Ocean Robotics’ First Year in Business
- Open Ocean Robotics wins Canada’s Most Promising Startup of 2019 Award from NACO
- Open Ocean Robotics wins $100,000 in Spring Impact Investor Challenge
- A Move into Expanded Facilities