Office Operations Manager Wanted
We’re on a quest to find an Office Operations Manager to ensure smooth operations of our company’s day to day office operations and be responsible for a wide variety of administrative duties in support of the Chief Executive Officer (CEO).
Are you passionate about improving organization and productivity? Are you as eager and comfortable working in a fast-paced team environment with multiple work streams, as you are leading initiatives and working independent of direction? Are you motivated by a passion for learning and a deep care for the ocean, the climate, and the planet’s wellbeing?
Do you want to join a team that is purpose-driven, collaborative and passionate? We are an equal opportunity employer and are committed to a diverse and inclusive workforce, and encourage applications that reflect diversity in thinking. We welcome people who have taken time off to raise their families, had an atypical career path, or switched gears due to the pandemic.
We would love to hear from you.
About Open Ocean Robotics
If you dream of exploring remote worlds using advanced robotic technologies, we’ll take you there.
Operating on oceans around the world from Victoria BC, Open Ocean Robotics is a rapidly growing startup transforming how we understand our oceans through better data. We are leaders in solar-powered autonomous boats, also called uncrewed surface vehicles (USVs), that voyage inhospitable ocean environments for multi-month missions to monitor oceans. Combined with advanced sensors and data analytics, and producing no greenhouse gases or risk of oil spills, we offer a safer, more effective and affordable way of gaining ocean insights. We are transforming how we study, protect and utilize our oceans, and helping to build an ocean IoT.
We’re driven by a pioneering spirit to push boundaries and make the seemingly impossible possible. Together, we can achieve that goal, growing our team of highly skilled people and offering you the opportunity to tackle big challenges with solutions that make a difference.
- Serving as the first point of contact for any internal & external inquiries directed toward the Company, including responding to email inquiries, forwarding emails to appropriate people, managing company email inbox and managing voicemail
- Support marketing activities including responding to press inquiries, organizing interviews and updating the website with media stories, events and other materials
- Supporting human resources activities including running payroll, managing vacation time and setting up new employees with key card, benefits plan and software subscriptions
- Implementing and maintaining easy to use filing systems for archived documents and computer files
- Managing the Chief Executive Officer’s schedule, meetings, and calendar
- Supporting financial activities including working with the bookkeeper to provide receipts, paying invoices, and creating reports from QuickBooks
- Supporting grants including writing grants, tracking payments in spreadsheets, and providing reporting materials
- Preparing confidential correspondence, emails, reports, presentations, and other communications
Skills & Qualifications
- Demonstrated experience in office management, executive assistant, or a similar role (10+ years or equivalent)
- Remarkable organizational, time management, and prioritization skills
- Experience with Microsoft Office including Word, Excel, PPT, as well as Google products including Sheets, Mail, Drive, Docs, and other tools such as Asana, Confluence, Timesheets, Quickbooks, etc.
- Strong verbal and written communication capabilities
- A desire to be helpful to others fuelled by a generosity of spirit, and the ability to think several steps ahead, anticipating potential problems and proactively preventing them from coming to fruition
- Highly self-motivated with the ability to work independently, as well as a go-getter and proactive attitude
- Be passionate about advancing innovative technologies, making a positive environmental impact, and scaling a startup company
- Willingness to learn and tenacity to finish what you have started (can-do attitude)
- Minimum undergraduate degree in a relevant field
Assets of interest
- Specific, relevant domain knowledge such as oceanography, engineering, human resources, data management, etc.
- Being technical-savvy
- Good at working with a diverse group of people & building team culture
This is a full-time permanent position based in Victoria, BC available for immediate start. Open Ocean Robotics does not sponsor work visas.
Open Ocean Robotics provides competitive compensation, stock options and benefits. The benefits plan includes extended healthcare coverage, prescription drug plan, dental benefits and life insurance. The stock option plan makes you an owner in Open Ocean Robotics, benefiting from the growth that you will help drive.
Please submit your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org with “Office Operations Manager” in the subject line. We thank all applicants for their interest and time. Only applicants invited to interview will be contacted.
As we continue to strengthen our team, we are closely monitoring COVID-19 to ensure our hiring practices are safe. This includes video conference interviews and condensed onsite interviews.
- Open Ocean Robotics wins Campbell River’s’ NexStream 2.0 Wild Card Challenge!
- From Hunting Poachers to Searching for Whales: A Year in Review at OOR
- Open Ocean Robotics CEO Julie Angus wins Industry Icon Award at the 2021 BC Cleantech Awards
- Open Ocean Robotics Awarded Solar Impulse Efficient Solution Label – An award for profitable solutions to protect the environment
- Open Ocean Robotics Wins Spot in Offshore Wind Challenge to Create Marine Mammal Monitoring Solution
- Open Ocean Robotics CEO Joins Innovation Advisory Board for NATO Maritime Unmanned Systems Initiative
- Open Ocean Robotics Among Latest Cohort to Graduate Halifax’s Creative Destruction Lab
- Open Ocean Robotics Named to “Ready to Rocket” Cleantech List of Emerging BC Technology Companies
- Open Ocean Robotics CEO Winner of the Innovator Award in the BC Business Women of the Year Awards
- Open Ocean Robotics Secures $540,000 CAD in Pre-Seed Financing Round