Open Ocean Robotics collects hydrographic and other ocean data using our proprietary solar powered boats, which are uncrewed surface vehicles (USV) equipped with sensors, cameras, and real-time communications. We offer a safer, more effective, and affordable way of gaining ocean insights, transforming how we study, protect and utilize our oceans, and helping build an ocean IoT.
We are seeking a highly motivated a Hydrographic Surveyor to join our 8-person team to lead surveying projects using our autonomous vessels. The successful candidate will be a self-motivated individual with a demonstrated ability to work independently and as part of a team, lead a survey crew, deliver processed data, and prioritize multiple tasks to meet tight deadlines. You will demonstrate a commitment to high quality, client service, and excellent troubleshooting and problem-solving skills.
- Education or training in the field of geomatics engineering technology or related education, training, and experience.
- A minimum of 5 years’ extensive experience with collection and processing of GPS, multibeam sonar, sidescan sonar, and ADCP data is required.
- Ability to lead vessel-based field work, boat operations, and survey instrumentation.
- Candidates experienced with acquisition and processing software will be given preference.
- Strong communication, organization, and time management skills, as well as a willingness to learn and strong work ethic.
- Ability to work independently, detail oriented and execution focused.
This is a part-time/contract position based in Victoria, with the potential to lead into a full time position if desirable. You must be a Canadian citizen or permanent resident.
For more information, please visit www.openoceanrobotics.com.
Please send your resume and cover letter to email@example.com.
Only candidates selected for interview will be contacted.
- Open Ocean Robotics Among Latest Cohort to Graduate Halifax’s Creative Destruction Lab
- Open Ocean Robotics Named to “Ready to Rocket” Cleantech List of Emerging BC Technology Companies
- Open Ocean Robotics CEO Winner of the Innovator Award in the BC Business Women of the Year Awards
- Open Ocean Robotics Secures $540,000 CAD in Pre-Seed Financing Round
- A Year in Review – The Memorable Moments that marked Open Ocean Robotics’ First Year in Business
- Open Ocean Robotics wins Canada’s Most Promising Startup of 2019 Award from NACO
- Open Ocean Robotics wins $100,000 in Spring Impact Investor Challenge
- A Move into Expanded Facilities
- Natural Resources Canada Interview with Julie
- Open Ocean Robotics Receives $800,000 in Incubator Support