If you dream of exploring remote worlds using advanced robotic technologies, we’ll take you there.
Operating on oceans around the world from Victoria BC, Open Ocean Robotics is a rapidly growing startup transforming how we understand our oceans through better data. We are leaders in solar-powered autonomous boats, also called uncrewed surface vehicles (USVs), that voyage inhospitable ocean environments for multi-month missions. Combined with advanced sensors and data analytics, and producing no greenhouse gases or risk of oil spills, we offer a safer, more effective and affordable way of gaining ocean insights. We are transforming how we study, protect and utilize our oceans, and helping to build an ocean IoT.
We’re driven by a pioneering spirit to push boundaries and make the seemingly impossible possible. Together, we can achieve that goal, growing our team of highly skilled people and offering you the opportunity to tackle big challenges with solutions that make a difference.
Are you ready to embark on a career in the new ocean economy? We would love to hear from you.
Business Development Manager Wanted
We’re on a quest to find a Business Development Manager to grow sales of our autonomous data collection services to defence, industry and government customers. We are building our capacity to offer solutions to defence and maritime security customers, and want you to be part of the team building clients in this sector.
Our team is purpose-driven, collaborative and passionate. We value diversity and inclusion, and are an equal opportunity employer.
In this role you will:
- Grow the sales pipeline by bringing in new customers through outreach and engagement
- Work with existing sales leads to convert them into customers
- Develop collaborative relationships and partnerships for distribution, technology advancement and service delivery
- Explore and implement creative business and partnership models
- Mange CRM and other software platforms to track sales success and allow for forecasting
- Communicate with project managers and other team members for comprehensive understand of customer satisfaction, needs and priorities
- Work with project managers and technical leads to prepare proposals to respond to Requests for Proposals (RFPs) and grant opportunities
- Monitor for relevant Requests for Expressions of Interest, RFPs and funding announcements
- Support Company participation at conferences and events
- Conduct customer discovery and market research
As our ideal candidate you will have:
- Engineering, oceanography, computer science or similar degree at a Bachelors or higher level
- At least 7 years experience business development management in an engineering, oceanographic, defence or related technical field
- Good people and leadership skills
- Strong verbal and written communication capabilities
- Experience writing proposals and project grant applications
- Experience working in the defence or military sector is an asset
- Be passionate about advancing innovative technologies, making an impact and scaling a startup company
This is a full-time permanent position based in Victoria, BC available for immediate start. Applicants must be able to work in Canada and not require work visa sponsorship.
Open Ocean Robotics provides competitive compensation, stock options and benefits. The benefits plan includes extended healthcare coverage, prescription drug plan, dental benefits and life insurance. The stock option plan makes you an owner in Open Ocean Robotics, benefiting from the growth that you will help drive.
Please submit your resume and cover letter to email@example.com with “Business Development Manager” in the subject line. We thank all applicants for their interest and time. Only applicants invited to interview will be contacted.
As we continue to strengthen our team, we are closely monitoring COVID-19 to ensure our hiring practices are safe. This includes video interviews and condensed onsite interviews.
- Open Ocean Robotics wins Campbell River’s’ NexStream 2.0 Wild Card Challenge!
- From Hunting Poachers to Searching for Whales: A Year in Review at OOR
- Open Ocean Robotics CEO Julie Angus wins Industry Icon Award at the 2021 BC Cleantech Awards
- Open Ocean Robotics Awarded Solar Impulse Efficient Solution Label – An award for profitable solutions to protect the environment
- Open Ocean Robotics Wins Spot in Offshore Wind Challenge to Create Marine Mammal Monitoring Solution
- Open Ocean Robotics CEO Joins Innovation Advisory Board for NATO Maritime Unmanned Systems Initiative
- Open Ocean Robotics Among Latest Cohort to Graduate Halifax’s Creative Destruction Lab
- Open Ocean Robotics Named to “Ready to Rocket” Cleantech List of Emerging BC Technology Companies
- Open Ocean Robotics CEO Winner of the Innovator Award in the BC Business Women of the Year Awards
- Open Ocean Robotics Secures $540,000 CAD in Pre-Seed Financing Round