NACO, in collaboration with leading academics, investors, and entrepreneurs, has released its 2022 Report on Angel Investing in Canada. The report analyzes Canadian angel investment totaling $262.1 million, a record recovery from 2020’s pandemic low of $102.9 million.
- For the first time in NACO’s history, the organization has leveraged its international platform to spotlight the achievements of 27 women trailblazers at the forefront of Canada’s innovation economy.
- NACO has identified a remarkable achievement: a 50% increase in women’s participation in angel activity since 2019.
- In another historical first, a coalition of senior leaders from across the innovation economy contributed to the development of the report, including a unicorn founder, venture capitalists, and senior corporate leaders.
- To maximize its impact on Canada’s innovation economy, NACO’s annual report will be distributed to over 20,000 recipients, including investment organizations, academic institutions, and international trade embassies.
- To address challenges identified in conducting the research underlying its report, and build a better Canada, NACO will be announcing the launch of numerous transformative initiatives over the next twelve months.
Download NACO’s 2022 Report on Angel Investing in Canada here.